Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

It Gets Better Project

Hey,
I just saw this on ABC News and knew that I had to share it with everyone.  It's called the 'It Gets Better Project'.  Basically, it's a YouTube channel for the LGBT community full of life stories letting today's kids know that life does get better after high school.  I found Dan and Terry's video to be quite inspirational.

I wish a resource like this was available to me when I was in school.  I was teased from day one, before kids really even knew what it meant to be gay, yet somehow I was teased for it.  I was never openly gay in school basically because I was afraid to be.  Even after I was out of school, I was afraid to be gay fearing rejection from friends and family.  I thought there was something wrong with me.  I thought that I needed to be fixed.  Needless to say, this wasn't the way I needed to be thinking.

This channel is definitely worth checking out.  You can visit it here : It Gets Better Project.

Even outside the LGBT community, this is a thought to keep in the back of your mind that can be applied to your day to day life.  Life is full of ups and downs.  Nobody's life is perfect, this is certain.  But stay positive!  Try to remember that it gets better.  Put life's hardships behind you and continue forward concentrating your energy on things that will better your situation.

Live, laugh, love and remember... it gets better!

No comments:

Post a Comment