Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sorry Dad

Hi everyone,
I'm going to start this off by making a shocking announcement.  I'M GAY... sorry Dad.  But you know what?  I'm okay with that, and for those of you who aren't, you are on the wrong site.  This is my attempt at creating a place of love and understanding and any hatred or negativeness (Is that a word?) will be immediately removed.

With that said, I'd like to say that I'm very excited today to be starting this blog.  I'm am newly out of the closet (**SNAPS FOR MATT**) and am still getting acclimated to the lifestyle.  It has been an amazing journey for me that is far from over.  I believe that happiness is the foundation to a fantastic life, for through it all things are possible!

My expectation for this blog is that it will become a safe haven for all.  A place for us to share our experiences, lend a helping hand or word of advice, and have a lot of fun along the way!

So... drop me a line, leave me a comment, and subscribe if you wish.  And remember:
"If you can't love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna love somebody else?" --RuPaul :)

6 comments:

  1. This is great Matt! I will be your number one supporter!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... and I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NEVER NEVER be sorry... you are loved by sooo many for who you are. I hope for your sake that your dad understands. I hope for his sake that he doesnt let you go over ignorance, as he will only be missing out on the best thing he ever had!!! Good luck in your advenure. Please remember ill always be here if you need me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, you are amazing! Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy to have shared a life with you and that you are still a part of my life after everything. You're in my heart, always and forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, never take a pot shot at your folks when first coming out (especially a public one). We should to try to be understanding of our parents (at least at first) when we come out. Whether its fair or not, its hard on parents at first and many of them DO need time to adjust. They may react angrily, or depressed, they may say some terrible things that they do not deep down mean, etc, and we have to try to be patient with them.

    That being said, if you were being sincere and loving to your father when you posted the "Sorry Dad" thing, then ignore this. ;) But a lot of people aren't all that sorry these days when they say "sorry" but instead use it as a way to be "in your face" and cocky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @DarkZephyr: If circumstances were different, I would have to say that I agree with you. However, and I mean no disrespect here, my father isn't you're father. My father is an elitist, a biggot, and just a terrible person all around. I've never had a close relationship with him, nor will I ever. He looks down upon people who are doing well for themselves... I was told at a young age that if I ever tried to bring a friend over that wasn't white they would be shot before they crossed the property line...

    With that said, I do agree with you, just not in my situation. A child coming out to a parent as 'gay' is hard for most parents to swallow, especially initially. They wonder where they went wrong, what they could have done differently... it does take time. And just because you don't get a positive response at first, it doesn't mean that your parents love you any less... Thanks for the feedback! Hope you're having a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete